Lucina Birth Centre
The Lucina Birth Centre (LBC) offers a supportive, welcoming, and comfortable birthing environment. We are a small, private centre with two birthing suites.
The birth centre is ideal for people with low-risk pregnancies. We minimize the level of obstetrical intervention and offer natural pain-management tools. Our grounds and common areas are absolutely stunning and can be enjoyed during labour in warmer weather.
Private birth suites are equipped with:
- Birth tub & large shower
- Birthstool, yoga ball, and peanut ball (various sizes)
- Birth sling/swing (long piece of fabric anchored to the ceiling)
- Dimmable lighting
- Climate control (fans & air conditioning)
- Entonox (laughing gas)
- TENS machine
Peace of mind:
- Emergency medical supplies in each room.
- 5 minutes from Misericordia Hospital in case an emergency transfer is necessary. (Please note that transfer location may be determined by your midwife’s hospital privilege status and/or EMS dispatch.)
Leave the set up and clean up to the Lucina Birth Centre:
We provide all linens and supplies necessary and will send you home with some essentials for postpartum.
Our medical supplies are ordered from AHS and rooms are fully stocked for each birth.
Delicious postpartum meal:
We provide you with a nourishing meal after baby has arrived. The meal includes: pumpkin-spiced waffles, fruit and yogurt parfait with granola, juice/coffee/tea.
Flexible payment plans:
Lucina Birth Centre serves the Edmonton community and only charges fees to cover our operating costs. Fees are typically covered by extended health care benefit plans, such as Sunlife or Canada Life, as a “hospital stay.” Your fee can also be claimed as a medical expense on your income tax. We strive to be accessible to all and offer payment plans to fit your needs. We welcome all cultural practices and ceremony in our space.